Health and Safety
The Marwest goal of both leadership and staff is to achieve a workplace free of recognised hazards, occupational injuries and illness.
We have established a safety culture that we hold as a core value, an unnegotiable condition of employment and a mainstay to all operations.
Marwest has committed to the continual improvement of our safety program; we measure and monitor our performance through regular inspections, audits and investigations of all incidents. Our investigations are designed to help us implement and communicate appropriate corrective actions geared towards lasting improvement.
As a company we are unified in our commitment to protect the health and safety of our staff and public by integrating solid health and safety processes into business planning and decision making.
Marwest safety program highlights:
- Corporate Safety Program, and Safe Work Practices and Procedures
- Site Specific Safety Plans for every project
- Orientation, certification and training of all employees on an annual basis
- Subcontractor pre-qualification
- Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- A dedicated Safety Manager with extensive experience to lead the program
- We are COR Certified and in good standing with industry recognized organizations including Avetta, ISNetworld and ComplyWorks.